Recently I stumbled on an Apex 4.0 installation containing critical applications to which new users were needed. The problem was that the consultants involved in the development/deployment had left the site. In order to proceed I needed the admin password which was unknown to me.
So I proceeded like this:
- Logged into the database as SYSDBA
- Changed the APEX user’s password, in this occurence the username was: APEX_040000
- Once logged as APEX_040000 I set the security group id to 10:
- Created a new ADMIN user to gain access:
exec wwv_flow_fnd_user_api.create_fnd_user(p_user_name => ‘tempo_admin’, p_web_password => ‘tempo_admin’) ;
- Then went to URL: http://server:port/pls/htmldb/htmldb_admin (if you don’t know the port, look in portlist.ini).
- Entered the temporary admin user and password.
- At this point I was prompted to change the password.
- Once in, I changed the ADMIN user password, created the new users in their respective workspace and dropped the temporary admin user.
I hope this will help.